Westview Co-op is a dynamic, growing, co-operative with budgeted sales in excess of $85 million with Food, Home & Building Supplies, Agro and Petroleum as primary products. We serve the communities of Carstairs, Consort, Drumheller, Eagle Hill, Hanna, Linden, Olds, and Sundre providing employment for approximately 240 Team Members. Based on the fundamental principles of co-operation, we are locally invested, community-minded, and offer lifetime membership benefits. We invite applications for the position of Meat Team Member out of our Food Store in Olds, Alberta.
Reporting to our Meat Manager, responsibilities include:
- Understanding and following Westview Co-op’s Health and Safety Program including Food Safety and department cleaning requirements (Eco Lab Sanitation)
- Providing World Class Service to our Members and Guests and living our Brand expectations through our “You’re at Home Here” motto
- Reporting of damages or breakdowns
- Preparing, wrapping, pricing and merchandising of product
- Proper rotation of stock, checking and handling dated items
- Ensure high level of image in line with our Brand expectations
- Other projects and assignments as required
We are looking for a positive, approachable and motivated individual with a drive to learn. Previous experience in a meat department is beneficial, however we welcome candidates with a combination of relevant experience and/or education. Candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Understanding of our Values (Integrity, Excellence, Responsibility, Community)
- Exceptional Guest service skills
- Strong attention to detail as well as organizational and interpersonal skills
- Quality communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with others
Able to work days, evenings and weekends.
Be a part of an organization that makes a difference! 100% locally owned and operated in the communities that we serve; Westview Co-op supports a number of local charities and community organizations. Westview Co-op offers a supportive work environment, as well as an Employee Family Assistance Program, Service Recognition Programs and a Retail Purchase Rebate program.
We are proud to offer excellent opportunities for further development and advancement within Westview Co-op and the Co-operative Retailing System. To be a part of our exciting story, apply today!